Every Audio-Technica product is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship to the original owner, provided purchased from an authorized dealer, for a period of 1 year from its original date of purchase.
For a product found faulty which may prove defective under normal use and service during the offered warranty time period, Audio-Technica or their authorized service partners will either repair the product using new parts or parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability or exchange the product with a product with equivalent functionality formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability or, a product that is at least functionally equivalent to the product it replaces.
The warranty period begins on the date of purchase of brand new, unused products by the first end user. You are requested to retain your sales receipt which must state the sellers legal name, the date of purchase and name of product as proof of purchase. Unless you submit proof of purchase, which will be verified by your local Audio-Technica service partner, you will be obliged to pay for any repairs that are carried out.
Audio-Technica or its authorised service partner will only be responsible for shipping to the customer after repair or replacement. The customer is responsible for all shipping and handling charges related to returning the product the nearest Audio-Technica authorized service centre. Products must be shipped in their original packaging or otherwise suitably protected to avoid damage during shipping. Audio-Technica will not be responsible for any damage incurred during shipment.
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONSThe following cases are not covered under warranty:
- any item not purchased from an authorized Audio-Technica dealer, online or offline
- tamper by unauthorized persons or repair shops
- minor faults or deviations in the quality of a product which do not affect the product’s value or fitness for its intended purpose
- rechargeable and disposable batteries
- any modifications or non-factory-installed electrical/electronic components
- damage or defects due to alteration, misuse, abuse, normal wear and tear, extremes of temperature or humidity or abnormal strain
- accidental or intentional damage
- damage in shipping
- external damage on cables (exposed wirings, cuts, tears, etc.)
- the repair/replacement of expendable maintenance items including, but not limited to, ear pads, head pads and windscreens
- cracking or other damage to the finish after seven (7) days of purchase
- any damage from accessories (casings/housings/pouches, head band parts, ear cups, ear buds, extension cables, air plane adaptors, battery etc.)
- a unit whose serial number has been defaced
- any item/s included free on a purchase
- sound characteristics (sound is a subjective matter and is not warranted)